Question MI Band 3 vibrate on disconnection

Is there any custom or official firmware that makes it possible for band to vibrate as soon as it disconnects from the phone. It would be a great feature as we forget our phone sometimes or everyone at least once. This feature would be a lifesaver. Essential at least for person like me.

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Is there any custom or official firmware that makes it possible for band to vibrate as soon as it disconnects from the phone. It would be a great feature as we forget our phone sometimes or everyone at least once. This feature would be a lifesaver. Essential at least for person like me.
No there isn't custom Firmware than do that, but with Notify and Fitness it's possible :).

rendal

Contributor
Yes, it exists in an older version of FW, but it is not on the forum. Look for 4pda.ru

I looked on 4pda.ru but since every page is to be translated from russian, it hard to find. Can you please point out the link to the particular firmware or just firmware version so that i can directly look for that. Would be very helpful.

You must use the Firmware variant: "....._vibro+.fw".
Xiaomi Mi Band 3 - Прошивка - 4PDA
Thank you for your quick response. I found the firmware page with your help, however those files were removed so i couldn't download that. Still I'll keep looking for those files or any new firmware with its support as you have mentioned in earlier reply. Although i know c and python I even tried to look for making modifications myself but i guess I know nothing about hex editing. I was wondering if you can suggest any guide where I can start learning about it.

Last edited:

rendal

Contributor
Thank you for your quick response. I found the firmware page with your help, however those files were removed so i couldn't download that. Still I'll keep looking for those files or any new firmware with its support as you have mentioned in earlier reply. Although i know c and python I even tried to look for making modifications myself but i guess I know nothing about hex editing. I was wondering if you can suggest any guide where I can start learning about it.
The files are not deleted, they are only available to users logged in to the forum.

rendal

Contributor

Attachments

Last edited:

rendal

Contributor
I tried installing wuhan but after it failed multiple times. I did a google search for the reason. Turns out that i have HW: V0.23.35.49 .
so i need mili.hankou firmware. I know man you have gone through a lot of trouble for assisting me. I need your help at least once more. Thanks Rendal buddy
If you have mili_hankou, you must wait until I create modification of the firmware for mili_hankou with vibrate after disconnect braclet.

Hay @rendal any update for mili_hankou vibro?
maybe you could convert the oficial firmware hex file to assembly code and edit it then compile it back to hex?

piyushtwri

maybe you could convert the oficial firmware hex file to assembly code and edit it then compile it back to hex?
I wanted to, but not an expert in doing so. That's why I need help . I even could not get which exact part of the hex code to be modified. I would appreciate if you people can guide me.

Last edited:

rendal

Contributor
I wanted to, but not an expert in doing so. That's why I need help . I even could not get which exact part of the hex code to be modified. I would appreciate if you people can guide me.
And you are familiar with assembler code? Do you know the architecture of ARM processors? Depending on what you want to change, the given part of the hex file is edited accordingly. You must convert the function you want to modify to assembler, modify the assebbler code, and convert it back to a hex file. Unfortunately, the modified hex code is usually longer, so modifications are difficult. Unfortunately, no one will teach you this if you can't write firmware.

google search for how to convert hex file to assembley and follow th instructions with the fw file. the fw file is just a hex file encoded with utf 8. then follow some youtube tutorial to learn assembly and use that to understand and modify the fw.

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dystopia